Stand firm and walk free.
My mantra as I walk through the next 30 days.
What I expect:
I am planning a wedding right now, so while some would say this is a crazy time to do this because of all the extra I am bringing into my home anyway, I say this is just the right time. I want to really evaluate the important things and enjoy what I truly love. So, yes, I know there will be some things that are necessary right now that wont be in the future. But that’s how it is with seasons, and life is all about seasons, so we have to embrace it. Those things we can call excuses, we can also call facets of the experience. And I hope this thinking will bleed over into wedding planning. I think we are doing a pretty good job of keeping the main thing the main thing, but I want to have a sense of peace and rest during the planning as well as the day of and all the decisions and things that are being made and that stand ahead of us in this season.
During this process:
- what I keep has to be organized and has a place
- I am going to blog about each day and give you a little rundown of what that day looks like. This will include details of that day or the guidelines I’m giving myself. I hope this will inspire you, or if you’re already inspired and joining me, this will help you follow along!
If you are joining me:
- make this your own! Just because I have a certain items on one day, doesn’t mean you have to do that area that day too! Make the list work for your schedule!
- Adopt your own mantra for the next 30 days. For the month of April, decide your mantra. It’s helpful to have a word, phrase, verse, quote, etc. that you can meditate on and think on for a period of time. It’s something to ground you, something you can come back to that gives you an area of focus and helps you to process and develop.
- Change items completely! If you don’t have a dog, chances are, you won’t need to take a day for the dog supplies. You can make this a day of meditation (really, this can be added to any day), or maybe you need to add a couple days for the kid clothes or the play room. The beauty of this is, it’s for you! For your life and mind and greater good.
- Push yourself. I know there are going to be areas that are more difficult than others. And I know there will be times you want to find a space for an item that, deep down, you know it’s time to part with. So I am inviting you to not only ask yourself the hard questions, but also push yourself to walk out the hard answers.
- Remember, it’s just stuff! I KNOW it is so freeing on the other side of de-cluttering your life from THINGS! So go for it! I think we will all be amazed in 30 days at the change, not in our homes and our mind.
So, you know what I think about minimal living, so I am ready to jump in and work on freeing up my life! Are you feeling inspired? Want to join me? I’m doing it either way, but I would love to hear from any of you who are also taking the month of April to bring about some change in your own life (minimalist or otherwise). Let’s do this!
- Bathroom drawers and cabinets
- Decorations in my home
- Dresser drawers
- Craft supplies
- Meditate for 20 minutes
- Pet supplies
- Storage space
- Meditate for 20 minutes
- Bedside table
- Computer documents
- Holiday decorations
- Medicine cabinet
- Journal for 20 minutes, uninterrupted
- Be outside for 1 hour
- Email (clear inbox and block spam emails)
- Set up bill payments
- Office supplies